- Three fish per angler Official weigh in will be at 3 p.m. in McNair Park, 211 Park Road, Sunrise Beach.
- ANGLERS WHO SHOW UP LATE TO WEIGH-IN WILL BE DISQUALIFIED!
- $125 per angler registration will be completed by mail or online by 6am tournament day. Cash Prizes of 75% will be paid out to first, second and third place winners. Cash prizes will be based on all entries received by October 16, 2021.
- One winner’s place will be added for each additional 25 entries.
- All State, Federal, and Local Rules shall be obeyed. All fish – Largemouth, Smallmouth, Kentucky spotted, or Guadalupe Bass will be a minimum of fourteen (14) inches. All fish will be measured at the weigh-in using an official Check-It Stick board. IF A SHORT FISH IS BROUGHT TO THE OFFICIAL WEIGH-IN, THAT ANGLER WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
- All fish must be taken by rod and reel methods only, using artificial baits only. Prepared
pork strips, buck tails, and feathered type lures are considered artificial baits. Only one (1) rod and reel may be in use by each person at one time. Other rods may be rigged in the boat, but not in use.
- All fishing shall be done from a boat that is aided by a live-well to ensure survival of fish. Live well checks will be made at McNair Park between 6AM and 7AM start time. No wading, bank fishing, or inner tubes will be allowed while fishing. You may not leave the boat to retrieve, fish. Electronic tracking equipment, except for depth finders and GPS units, are prohibited.
- All boats must be equipped with a working kill switch. While the boat is on plane, all
boat occupants must wear a Coast Guard approved life jacket and the kill switch must be hooked up to the driver. NOT HAVING THE KILL SWITCH HOOKED UP TO THE DRIVER OR NOT WEARING OF THE LIFE JACKETS BY ALL BOAT OCCUPANTS WHILE THE BOAT IS ON PLANE WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
- No trolling allowed. Electric motors may be used to maneuver, but it cannot be used to activate or drag a lure. Drift fishing with the wind or windsock is allowed.
- Anglers cannot make their first cast before the tournament starting time at 7 A.M.
- All fish must be taken from the public areas of LBJ Lake; however, at no time will an angler’s boat, be allowed to fish within one hundred (100) feet of another entrant. No fishing is allowed within one hundred and fifty (150) feet of an anchored or tied tournament boat with the trolling motor up without permission from that boat’s occupants. A Power Pole down is considered an anchored boat.
- ALL FISH MUST BE ALIVE AT WEIGH-IN. No dead fish will be allowed. Ice may
be added to the live well to aid in the survival of your fish. Dead fish entries will be disqualified.
- There will be no alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs allowed on board or consumed by any fishing participant while on the water or during tournament hours.
- There are no off-limit days for this tournament.
- No motor shall exceed the BIA rating for that boat. All boats must have: a working kill switch, lights, and fire extinguisher along with an aerated live well.
- All contestants are required to cooperate with requests from tournament officials on and
off the water.
- Any contestant who displays poor sportsmanship, violates these rules or any federal, state, or local laws or brings unfavorable publicity to the sport of bass fishing will be disqualified.
- All contestants are subject to polygraph examination at the request of the tournament director. Failure to submit to a polygraph or to pass will result in immediate disqualification of the team’s weight or participation in the tournaments awards.
- Any protest must be made IN WRITING to the tournament director within 15 minutes
after the last angler has weighed in. The Tournament review board, made up of TABC Directors and VFD Representatives, will immediately review the protest.
- All decisions of the tournament director will be final.